IT Solutions at Norfolk Arms Hotel
ATS Connection manage The Norfolk Arms Hotel’s IT Solutions consisting of IT Support, Cyber Security and Telecoms.
The Norfolk Arms Hotel is based in the historic town of Arundel. The hotel has 37 rooms, 2 bars, a large ballroom and plenty of outside space
Due to the nature of being a large hotel, there is plenty of technology around the building. From staff pc’s/laptop, printers and mobiles through to a server room which powers the phone system and network which travels around the whole hotel.
There were a few challenges we had to face when we took over the IT at the hotel, these included:
- The building is made from stone with thick walls, stopping network signal from travelling
- The hotel is busy all year round. Meaning uptime needed to be at the maximum
- The size of the building hinders how far the network signal travels
- Being an older building meant we had to be careful with positioning of certain equipment due to it being a listed building
- The equipment/hardware in the hotel was very dated causing multiple issues
Nicholas, the owner of the hotel, was conscious of how the hotel had to be brought into the present without disrupting the day in day out workings of the hotel.
This is where ATS Connection stepped in.
The solution contained of multiple services carried out by our IT experts. Breaking the solution down into three components:
- IT Support – For this we needed to ensure the basics were covered. Taking the files and in-house chat system to an open source software supplied by ATS Connection and hosted on one of our VPS (virtual Private Server) which is powered by 100% renewable energy.
Our RMM software allows us to check and monitor all of the hotels hardware devices to ensure issues are managed. Our IT experts are on hand for Remote IT Support and onsite IT Support when needed.
- Cyber Security – Before ATS Connection where the IT Solutions provider for The Norfolk Arms Hotel they were hacked multiple times which left the hotel with disastrous damage.
We have since installed our award winning Antivirus and monitor their Cyber Security 24/7 as well as adding on extra security on their network. Since we implemented this in 2019 the hotel has been cyber crime free.
- Telecoms – Installing a leased line with wireless access points dotted around the hotel to ensure the speed and reliability is accessible from anywhere in the hotel, including the garden. Separating the wireless SSID’s out so guests can enjoy their own network.
We have also upgraded their business phone system to a modern VoIP phone system provided and managed by ATS Connection. With phones for reception and staff members through to phones in each room.
Why should you choose ATS Connection?
Independent UK supplier
We’re a leading service provider of business technologies in the UK.
Everything in one place
The only telecoms, connectivity and IT provider you will need.
Our sales and support teams are experts in the fields.